Litigation and Dispute Resolution
The Litigation team at BSMS is comprised of experienced trial attorneys highly adept at navigating the complexity, uncertainty and inherent risks involved in litigating disputes through formal court proceedings or alternative methods of dispute resolution. Our attorneys work directly with our litigation clients in analyzing risk, estimating costs and handicapping exposure before implementing a litigation strategy that fits within the anticipated outcomes. Whether initiating a new legal action or defending against existing claims, our litigation team has the experience and track record of proven success to protect your interests from initial dispute all the way through trial.
The goal for litigating claims for our financial services and business clients is to maximize return while minimizing costs, risks and exposure to counterclaims. The litigation team has extensive experience in preparing standard lawsuits and deficiency actions after confirmation, seizing personal property through foreclosures and writs of possession, evaluating security interests under the UCC, engineering receivership actions for performing assets, forcing accountings of revenue and loan proceeds, collecting judgments through garnishments and seizures, and leveraging lawsuits into consent judgments.
Our experience allows us to successfully represent businesses and individuals in a number of different areas including restraining orders. We represent defendants and in state, federal and appellate courts involving a variety of matters such as:
- Business and Commercial Contract Disputes
- Suits on Notes, Guarantees or other Debt Instruments
- Investment Protection, Shareholder Derivative Suits and Securities Actions
- Business Torts (fraud, fiduciary duty, tortious interference, unfair competition)
- Insurance Claims and Recoveries
- Employment and Non-Compete Disputes
- Intellectual Property and Technology Disputes
- Collection Actions
- Real Estate Litigation
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Prisoner Abuse and Neglect